Part 2-4 after the jump!
Part 2-4 after the jump!
Previously: VIDEO: Rich Kidd (Live @ Sound Academy)
Listen & Download HERE!
And if this doesn’t bring the chances of Drizzy collaboing with her any closer to fruition – I might just have to make a phone call, lol.
Shout to Lo!
The Remix Project just released their graduation video for round 6.0. Take a minute to get familiar with this incredible organization. If you’re interested in applying, or know someone that should apply, make sure to visit theremixproject.ca.
New Ro Dolla!
Shout Out 2 @BIGIVES21 Ivan Evidente (Director, A&R & Lifestyle - Universal Music Canada) 4 giving me the idea to redo this record. The original of this record was performed by the group “The Back Room”. The Original name of the song is called “Definition Of A Track”. Although this may come as a surprise to some, this type of record has been showcased before by myself (most noted from being a member of BBL – Big Black Lincoln) I’ve been a fan of house music for as long as I can remember. This is just another example of why I cannot be boxed into just one specific genre of music. I hope you all enjoy and appreciate all of what I’m trying to come to the table with. I am not just a Hip Hop artist, I’m a musician!!
Beat by Burd & Keyz.
This year as part of the ReelWorld Film Festival‘s music video programming they’re featuring the world premiere of a new JRDN video as well as a Q&A with Maestro! Should be a dope night. Check the press release below for all the info + after party info (where JRDN will also be performing as well as co-hosting with Maestro):
ReelWorld Film Festival
IN ASSOCIATION WITH UNIVERSAL MUSIC CANADA
MUSIC VIDEO NIGHT
This year, showcasing 26 music videos from some of Canada’s hottest music video directors & recording artists including the “World Premiere” of recording Artist JRDN’s new music video. Also participating in the night, Canadian icon, hip-hop artist and actor, Wes “Maestro” Williams. Wes will take your questions at a special Q & A following the screening. And, that’s not all! Hold on to your tickets and join us for the official after party at L IVE Nightclub hosted by Wes, with music by DJ 4 Korners. If you cannot attend the screening at Famous Players Canada Square, tickets for the after party can be purchased separately, please see below.
What: Music Video Screening followed by Q &A with Wes “Maestro” Williams Presented by Universal Music Canada
When: Friday April 8, 2011
Time: 9:30 PM
Where: Famous Players Canada Square – 2190 Yonge Street, Toronto
Tickets – $20 Buy Tickets Now!
Official release of JB‘s latest tape, Monster Music.
Canada’s voice for the streets and leader of GCP Recording Corp. is back with a new mixtape entitled “Monster Music”. JB makes a bold return to that classic aggressive hip hop and proves on “Monster Music” that gangsta-rap / street music is making a return to the main stream this year in a big way! With tracks like “Who Am I” and “So Gone” JB puts real life situations on record and gives fans and those struggling something to think about. Monster Music signifies to the industry that JB is here and ready to take over!
The mixtape is a compilation of unreleased tracks and dubs as JB is working tirelessly on new projects and releasing a ton of new music! Be on the look out for new videos and singles dropping from JB world wide on Itunes through GCP / Fontana / Universal.
DOWNLOAD: JB – Monster Music
Previous: NEW VIDEO: JB – Who Am I (Promo)
Directed by SPXZ.
Dynamic drops the visuals for his latest – “When I Cut A Record”.
Beat by Coup.
Deadline for submissions to this year’s Stylus Who’s Got Next compilation CD is April 18th BUT for tomorrow only (April 7th) they’re offering a $5 discount for the submission fee which takes it down to $15. In my opinion it’s worth the $15 (0r $20) just to have your song screened by the panel of DJs that pick the songs that ultimately end up on the comp (i.e. you’re guaranteed that a crop of influential DJs will hear your song at least once). If you actually get picked you get tickets to the show, tickets to the BBQ plus a bunch more worthwhile stuff. Anyways…just my humble opinion. More info below.
1. Submit Your Best UNRELEASED song for a chance to be featured on the “Who’s Got Next?” CD Compilation.
2. 15 songs will be hand picked by [jury] – panel of nominated Stylus DJs
3. Accepting submissions in in all Urban Music genres including R&B, Reggae, Soca, and Rap.
4. Artists must submit one (1) song and EPK through Sonicbids.
5. This promotion is open to all artists, EXCEPT artists who are signed directly to a major label.
6. DEADLINE: April 18th, 2010 (No Exceptions)
NOTE: Only unreleased songs will be considered and those selected will be contacted.
SELECTED ARTIST WILL RECIEVE THE FOLLOWING:
• Your song featured on the “Who’s Got Next?” promo CD where 1500 copies will be given throughout Stylus SpinFest & Stylus DJ Awards.
• Copies of the “Who’s Got Next?” CD.
• Pair of tickets to the Stylus Awards.
• Pair of tickets to the Exclusive Stylus V.I.P Mix N Mingle BBQ, with listening time.
• Spotlight on HipHopCanada.com
• Spotlight on the Stylus Group website.
*** #1 single picked will be announced and offered single digital distribution deal with HHC Digital/E1.
• Submissions will need to be made through sonicbids.com. Submission fee is $20.
• The artist/label submitting will own the rights to any songs released on the “Who’s Got Next?” compilation. Neither HHC Digital, or E1 will have rights or own property of the compilation.
• The compilation is the property of the Stylus Group and strictly used for promotional use only!
• All 1500 copies will be handed out over the course of the Stylus SpinFest/Awards.